Monday, May 25, 2009

Hilton Head

Family Vacation




I'll spare you excuses for the lack of entries lately.  I'm busy but only as much as you are and you are taking the time to read this.  So thank you, and I'll try to keep up!

We just spent a great week of vacation in Hilton Head, SC with the Moss side of the family.  Rick and Hilda made the arrangements for a house rental on Singleton Beach.  It was terrific house (details here with pics: http://rentals.hiltonheadvacation.com/rns/search/Henry%205-PF.aspx) about a 1/2 mile from the beach.  Tom, Stephanie and Isabelle drove in from St. Louis to meet up with the rest of the northeast group and we were also joined midweek for a few days by Rick's brother Jim Moss and his lovely wife Susan.

We met up Saturday May 16th and luckily a few of us made it to the beach that same evening.  I say luckily because it proceeded to rain and drop into the 50s for the majority of the week.  Local papers were describing it as record lows for the time of year.  Just our luck, it was sunny and 80s in Erie and we were in HILTON HEAD, SC for overcast and rainy 50s!

Nevertheless it was a great week.  Stephanie and Gretchen had planned a home cooked menu so we ate very well and avoided too much restaurant damage.  Our last night we did head out to a local seafood place recommended by our good friends Jay and Bunny Baker who own a home on the island:  Hudsons  http://www.hudsonsonthedocks.com/ The oysters were excellent and most at the table sampled the catch of the day...flounder in a delicious orange glaze.  If you think of it ask Gretchen about the ketchup incident!

As I think of stories throughout the week I'll add posts.  I'll also get the pictures published in a web album and send that link out.  The two above are our Hudsons outfits, the boys loved their Hawaiian shirts.  My apologies to my rugby boys, the shirts do not have images that line up on the seam.  Maybe I can afford those when the boys (and however many others for that matter) are out of college! 

I came back to about 8 inches of grass, so maybe my 800 emails I'll see tomorrow at work won't be so bad.

Cheers,

Nate

No comments: